Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sitting & Sipping

This week has involved lots of sitting and little sleep! Monday morning I got up at 4:00 a.m., and Halle and I flew from Pittsburgh to Chicago to Nashville. We then drove about an hour to where my grandpa is in the hospital. I was able to visit with him throughout the day and evening. The surgery was scheduled to start at 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning. Mom and I got up and were at the hospital by 5:15 a.m. His surgery lasted about four hours. They were only able to do one bypass, but he came through the surgery fairly well. Yesterday, he was doing well, and was sitting up part of the afternoon, but this morning, they had to do a second procedure. It was very serious, but, praise the Lord, he seems to be doing fairly well again.

I am glad to report that they serve Starbucks coffee in the hospital cafeteria! I have definitely needed it, and have placed the coffee station on my walking route. Coffee is not only an energy-booster, but seems to be a good stress-reliever!

Although I wish I were here for a happier reason, it has been so nice to spend time with my family. Lots of my aunts, uncles, cousins and friends have been here....several I haven't seen in many years. I have enjoyed getting to see them, and let them see my Halle. It's also been great to spend time with my mom and dad.

Thank you so much for your patience with my lack of blogging and for your many prayers for my family. Please continue to pray for my Grandpa. I am planning to fly home tomorrow, and will get back to blogging regularly soon!

No comments: